In today’s world, chicken patties are a school hot-lunch staple — who didn’t love those chicken patty and tater-tot days in the cafeteria? But did you know that we have the cuisine of the middle east to thank? Chicken patties began as a street food in Pakistan!
Turn to these delicious chicken avocado patties for an old favorite with a Central-American twist!
- 1 lb. ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado half into chunks. Toss with parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Fold the mixture into the ground chicken being cautious not to mash the avocado.
- Form the mixture into 4 burger patties (or 6 smaller patties). Heat a grill pan on the stovetop to medium and grill on each side for about 5 minutes. Check the temperature is at 165F before serving.
This great recipe comes courtesy of Foodcoach recipes!