Looking for the perfect comfort food? Nothing screams fall like a bowl of hot and creamy, seasonal soup!
This delicious, high protein, butternut squash soup is sure to satisfy! It’s easy to make, protein packed and suitable for most stages post bariatric surgery.
- .5 lb butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 32 oz almond milk soup base (bought at Walmart)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 2 scoops unflavored protein powder
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent. Then add ginger and garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Once soft add squash, broth, almond milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender or purée in a regular blender. Add protein powder
- If in puréed stage, you can freeze in ice cube trays and save for later!
NOTE: Suitable for most stages after bariatric surgery (except clear liquid)
This recipe comes courtesy of Bariatric Meal Prep: