Sweet, savory, and bariatric friendly? What’s not to love! Try this amazing Maple Pecan Salmon for your next dinner adventure. The salmon, nuts and olive oil all contribute to healthy fats in this recipe.
This fun and delicious meal is sure to be a fan favorite!
- 4 4oz salmon fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1 lb carrots, cut diagonally into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ½ T maple syrup
- ½ t pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c finely crushed pecans
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw fish if frozen and preheat over to 4250F
- Line a 15x10x1 in baking pan with foil and set aside
- In large bowl combine carrots, 1 T of olive oil, salt, pepper and the pumpkin spice
- Arrange carrots on ½ of the prepared baking pan
- Bake 10 mins
- Meanwhile – Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towel
- Brush top of fish with 1 ½ T maple syrup
- Sprinkle with pecans, pressing to adhere
- Place fish in baking pan next to carrots
- Lightly coat top of fish with remaining olive oil
- Bake 10-15 min more, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and carrots are tender
- To serve, divide carrots among dinner plates and top with salmon.
This recipe comes courtesy of My Bariatric Solutions.