If you’re curious about the invention of the cheeseburger, you’re not alone! Three separate states—Kentucky, Colorado, and California—all claim to have originated this ICONIC American classic, creating an unsolved foodie mystery for the ages!
Since summertime is practically synonymous with firing up the grill, check out these cool kebabs the whole family will love:
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 small cheddar cheese cubes
- 16 dill pickle chips
- 16 cherry tomatoes, any color
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Prepare your grill by brushing with oil and heating to medium-high. In a medium bowl, add beef, dried onion, garlic powder, and salt. Gently mix with hands until ingredients are evenly incorporated. Shape into 16 (1 ounce) balls, firmly packed.
- Place meatballs on the grill. Cook for 3-1/2 minutes each side, turning once, or until the desired doneness. Remove from grill onto a plate. Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce over meatballs and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small serving bowl.
- To make the kabobs: carefully skewer one meatball on, followed by a pickle, cheese cube, tomato, and another pickle, cheese cube, and tomato. Add on a second meatball.
- Serve kabobs immediately with sauce! Enjoy!
This recipe comes courtesy of ObesityHelp.