It’s a common misconception, but did you know that sweet potatoes and yams AREN’T the same thing? Yams are actually larger, more bitter, and fairly uniform in appearance — meanwhile sweet potatoes can grow with some pretty zany colors!
It’s not uncommon to see a white, orange, or even a purple sweet potato. So, grab your favorite hue of sweet potato and give this delicious recipe a try!
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. Drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.
This recipe comes courtesy of the Food Network.