Talk about confusing — did you know that green beans aren’t actually beans? In fact, they’re a protective pod for the seeds inside, which are closely related to peas! That being said, we still recommend you eat them whole as the seeds are a high source of vitamin K and potassium.
Whatever you want to call them, pair this vegetable as the perfect side to these delicious grilled chicken strips!
- ½ cup butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 ¼ pounds chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a rimmed half sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the butter to a small mixing bowl with the garlic, onion powder, parsley, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- Trim the ends of the green beans and place in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Top with the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with paprika and salt on each side.
- Pour the garlic butter evenly over the green beans and chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
This recipe comes courtesy of That Low Carb Life recipes, and was written by Karly Campbell.