Chicken is one of the most popular meats, and with over 25 billion of these birds, that’s no surprise! What is surprising is how sprightly this fowl can be—commonly mistaken as flightless, chickens can actually get airborne long enough to fly over a fence or into a tree.
For twist on a classic chicken salad recipe will have anyone jumping for joy, read on!
- 1 garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 – 2 birds eye chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots/scallions
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Place wonton wrappers into a regular muffin tin, molding it into the cups. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the cups cool in the muffin tin. Store in an airtight container until required (stays crisp for up to 3 days).
- Combine Dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Combine Chicken Salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- To serve: Discard the garlic clove from the Dressing, then toss it through the Chicken Salad. Divide the Chicken Salad between the cups. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro/coriander, if using. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 48g.
This recipe comes from recipetineats!